Side Folding Doors and Gates in Florida
Starting at $250
Side Folding Gates are an excellent means of security and crowd control, allowing visibility for applications that may not be conducive for Coiling Grilles and Doors. Side Folding Gates can accommodate a multitude of special applications such as sweeping radius curved storefronts, corner locations and limited headroom conditions.
A range of curtain patterns are available, consult factory for details.
- Full visibility without allowing hands or other objects to reach beyond storefront.
- Available in several color and finish options.
- Options for locking, pass-through doors and other accessories.
- Emergency Egress: Bi-part egress door or Full egress door 36” x 80” (where required by local building code). Panels to be perforated for egress door.
- Meets visibility code requirement. Due to the openings in curtain this door does not qualifies for wind, fire, smoke and/or sound rating.
- Manufactured for same-day-pickup.
- Constructed entirely of heavy-duty galvanized steel.
- Low maintenance parts, no flaking paint, no corrosion, no rust.
- Load requirements are greater when the closure is in the stacked position.
- The support structure must be able to carry the weight of a fully stacked closure.
- Stacked Linear Weight = weight per surface of closure X height of closure X 8.
- Meets visibility code requirement. Due to the perforated curtain this door does not qualifies for wind, fire, smoke and/or sound rating.
- 30’ wide, 30’ high standard construction. Large openings available of 60’ wide or more, consult factory.
- The top and bottom of each section is fitted with an aluminum panel 4” (102mm) high. This panel consists of an aluminum extrusion 1/16” (1,6mm) thick and composed of modules with a 15-degree angle between them to facilitate the operation of the closure.
- Manually operated – Easily slides into wall pocket.
- A- Curtain shall be hung from an overhead track 1-5/16” (33mm) wide by 1-9/16” (40mm) high. Track shall be tempered aluminum alloy 6351-T6.
- B- Curves where required shall be 14” (356mm) radius standard.
- Stacking shall not exceed a depth of 1.15” per foot of closure width plus 3” for each post (lead, end or intermediate) (95mm/lin. m + 76mm per post). Full egress doors add 7” (178mm).
- 4” – 102mm min clearance both sides of track. If a pocket door is used, the door must not obstruct the entry dimension given.
- Not Applicable.
- Curtains have typical exterior finish in Mill Finish, White and Black.
- Additional Options include: Galvanized, Stainless Steel, Galvalume, Prime Painted Galvanized and Powder Coated.
- Exterior skin is available in 1/16” thickness.
- A- Lead post shall be equipped with a hook bolt lock with cylinders each side.
- B- Lead post shall engage a full height wall jamb.
- C- Trailing post shall be self-locking at the top and bottom inside the storage pocket.
- D- Free floating intermediate posts shall be located at all curves and at recommended intervals of 10 feet (3m) or 5 feet (1,5m) for counter top units. Intermediate posts shall be equipped with self-adjusting spring loaded drop bolts activated from the inside only. Drop bolts shall engage dustproof stainless steel receptacles.
- Interior pocket width recommended 10” – 254mm with a standard 14” – 356mm radius and at 12” – 305mm.
- 2-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship. See Warranty
- BEST S-126
- BEST S-12
- BEST S-525
- BEST SOLID
- BEST 1212
- BEST 99
- 10” (254mm) radius curves (indicate location on plans).
- Special radius curves (indicate location and radius on plans); we can bend a radius to match the design specified by client.
- Top and bottom locking posts with key cylinders one or both sides are available for either end of the curtain.
- Large sections may be divided by incorporating bi-part units as intermediate posts.
- Second hook bolts on lead, end or bi-parts (recommended for closures over 12’ (3,7mm) high or for more security).
- High security or master keyed lock cylinders – customer supplied and factory fitted.
- Solid aluminum block covering cylinder lock for additional protection (specify cylinder protection).
- Architect to decide side of lock cylinders.
- Additional intermediate post with shoot bolt to floor or counter.
- Bi-part egress door (bi-part post with interior thumb turn activation); ideal choice.
- Full egress door 36” x 80” (914mm x 2032mm) (where required by local building code). This egress door should be used only when the bi-part egress is refused (extra cost).
Please use the contact us form and we’ll be in touch with you regarding your request.
Specifications are available on the product page in the Documents Tab.
General drawings are available on the product page in the Documents tab. Standard drawings are typically e-mailed within five minutes of the request.
We can provide material and finish samples. We can also provide more complex samples, with the cost and time dependent on the complexity of the sample requested. Please contact us for more information.
We guarantee all products against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of two (2) full calendar years from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
Yes. Please refer to our fire rated doors product page for more details and additional information.
Yes! We’ve provided unique solutions to our customer’s most complex challenges, and we’re ready to do it for you too. Contact us today and send us your project details and specifications and our Design on Demand team will get back to you right away.
R-Value is a measure of thermal efficiency, the higher the R-value the greater the insulating properties of the door.
Yes, replacing only a section of your rolling door is possible in some cases; however, depending upon the damage involved, the entire door may need to be replaced. Contact us to evaluate your specific situation and make recommendations for the best solution.
Yes, operation is available form either side of opening.
Yes we manufacture doors that have been tested to meet both. Please Contact us for more information about your specific needs.
Headroom refers to the distance between the top of the clear opening to the first obstruction.
Side Room refers to the measurement from each side of the door opening, outward to the nearest wall or obstruction. Allow 3 ¾ on either side of the door for standard extension and torsion springs installation.
It depends on a number of factors. The type of traffic in your facility, load dimensions, whether or not it’s a high-speed, high-volume operation, any specialized functions needed and so on.