Insulated Rolling Door
Starting at $1216
Insulated Doors combine security with the option of insulation and sound control. Perfect for a multitude of Retail, Commercial and Industrial applications including Loading Docks, Water Treatment Plants, Manufacturing Facilities, Laboratories and any project that requires the additional benefit of insulation against both elements of weather and sound. Heavy duty, reliable construction, easily serviced in 24, 22, 20 and 18 gauge. Double skin interlocking roll formed metal slats filled with EPS-expanded polystyrene insulation, 8.0 R-Value.
- Double skin interlocking roll formed metal slats filled with EPS-expanded polystyrene insulation, 7.0 R-Value.
- Also available in Fire and Smoke Rating upon request.
- Dade-County approved for Hurricane Rated, High Wind Velocity applications up to 175 MPH.
- Heavy-duty, reliable construction, easily serviced in 24, 22, 20 and 18 gauge.
- Roll Form guides are lightweight and easy to install. Other mounting configurations such as steel angle and aluminum extruded can be used.
- Available for Counter Shutter applications and areas that have low headroom.
- Available for large opening widths of 60’ – 0” or as small as 2’ – 0” wide.
- Typical slat width is 2.5”.
- Available Finishes: Standard finishes in Galvanized, Primed Grey, and Primed White.
- Powder Coating finishes available upon request at an additional cost.
- Mill and Anodized finishes for aluminum parts available upon request at an additional cost.
- Therma Control with EPS-expanded polystyrene insulation, 8.0 R-Value
- Sound Rated ASTM E90 / STC 26.
- Air-leakage Rated ASTM E282.
- Also available in Fire and Smoke Rating upon request.
- 30’ wide, 30’ high standard construction. Large openings available of 60’ wide or more, consult factory.
- All doors are supplied with rubber weather stripping on guides, bottom bar and inside hood for preventing intrusion by water, dust or pests. Additionally this enhances the thermal qualities of the door by preventing air leakage.
- Motor, Chain, Hand-Crank or Push-Up operation available based on size, weight or frequency of operation.
- Battery backup available to ensure operation in the event of power failure or blackout.
Wind-rated for pressures for the following available upon request:
- +60/-65 Wind Pressures
- +65/-65 Wind Pressures
- +100/-100 Wind Pressures
- For high traffic openings or where airflow or temperature control is critical, doors can be designed to operate at more than twice the speed of typical doors, or up to 2ft./sec.
- Standard construction is up to 15,000 cycles per year with high cycle construction available for doors expected to be operated more than 15,000 cycles per year, i.e. parking garages and sally ports.
- Bottom bar options include: Single Angle, Double Angle, Tubular (extruded alum.) or “T” bottom bar.
- Bottom Bars have typical Mill Finish.
- A. Chain Operation: Wall mounted chain keeper or zinc plated steel slide bolt with padlock provisions.
- B. Push-Up or Hand-Crank Operation: Slidelocks, Round Locks or Cylinder Locks for locking at bottom bar (bottom bar design effects locking option available).
- C. Motor Operator: No additional locking required as motor has automatic feature to prevent door from beign lifted.
Please use the contact us form and we’ll be in touch with you regarding your request.
Specifications are available on the product page in the Documents Tab.
General drawings are available on the product page in the Documents tab. Standard drawings are typically e-mailed within five minutes of the request.
We can provide material and finish samples. We can also provide more complex samples, with the cost and time dependent on the complexity of the sample requested. Please contact us for more information.
We guarantee all products against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of two (2) full calendar years from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.
Yes. Please refer to our fire rated doors product page for more details and additional information.
Yes! We’ve provided unique solutions to our customer’s most complex challenges, and we’re ready to do it for you too. Contact us today and send us your project details and specifications and our Design on Demand team will get back to you right away.
R-Value is a measure of thermal efficiency, the higher the R-value the greater the insulating properties of the door.
Yes, replacing only a section of your rolling door is possible in some cases; however, depending upon the damage involved, the entire door may need to be replaced. Contact us to evaluate your specific situation and make recommendations for the best solution.
Yes, operation is available form either side of opening.
Yes we manufacture doors that have been tested to meet both. Please Contact us for more information about your specific needs.
Headroom refers to the distance between the top of the clear opening to the first obstruction.
Side Room refers to the measurement from each side of the door opening, outward to the nearest wall or obstruction. Allow 3 ¾ on either side of the door for standard extension and torsion springs installation.
The lower the gauge, the thicker (and stronger) the steel. For example, 24-gauge steel is thicker than 27-gauge steel.
It depends on a number of factors. The type of traffic in your facility, load dimensions, whether or not it’s a high-speed, high-volume operation, any specialized functions needed and so on.
ALL OF OUR NON-HIGH VELOCITY HURRICANE WIND ZONE DOORS ARE RATED -40/+40 POUNDS PER SQUARE FOOT, FOR HIGHER WIND PRESSURES PLEASE CONSULT FACTORY.