Best Side Glass
Starting at $
Side Folding Gates are an excellent means of security and crowd control, allowing visibility for applications that may not be conducive for Coiling Grilles & Doors. Side Folding Gates can accommodate a multitude of special applications such as sweeping radius curved storefronts, corner locations and limited headroom conditions.
- Available in 1/16″ Tempered Glass.
- High performance tempered glass model offers excellent visibility and protection.
- Available in several color and finish options.
- Options for locking, pass-through doors and other accessories.
- Emergency Egress: Bi-part egress door or Full egress door 36” x 80” (where required by local building code).
- Meets city visibility code requirement. Due to the polycarbonate and/or glass curtain these doors don’t qualify for wind, fire, smoke and/or sound rating.
- Tempered Glass Panels – Weight Per Surface Of Closure = 2,40 lb./sqft = 11,7 kg/m2
- Polycarbonate Panels – Weight Per Surface Of Closure = 1,75 lb./sqft = 8,5 kg/m2
- Load requirements are greater when the closure is in the stacked position.
- The support structure must be able to carry the weight of a fully stacked closure.
- Stacked Linear Weight = Weight per surface of closure X height of closure X 8
- 30′ wide 30’ high standard construction.
- Large openings available of 60′ wide or more, consult factory.
- The top and bottom of each section is fitted with an aluminum panel 4” (102mm) high. This panel consists of an aluminum extrusion 1/16” (1,6mm) thick and composed of modules with a 15° angle between them to facilitate the operation of the closure.
- Tempered Glass Panels – The curtain is constructed of 6” (152mm) wide modules linked together by a continuous aluminum hinge. These hinges hold tempered glass panels 1/8” (3mm) thick and 4-3/4” (121mm) wide. Each glass panel is protected at its perimeter by a vinyl extrusion recessed within the full height of the hinges.
- Meets city visibility code requirement. Due to the perforated curtain these doors don’t qualify for wind, fire, smoke and/or sound rating.
- Manually operated – Easily slides into wall pocket.
- Stacking shall not exceed a depth of 1.15” per foot of closure width plus 3” for each post (lead, end or intermediate), (95mm/lin. m + 76mm per post). Full egress doors add 7” (178mm).
- 4″ – 102mm min clearance both sides of track; if a pocket door is used, the door must not obstruct the entry dimension given.
- Curtain shall be hung from an overhead track 1-5/16” (33mm) wide by 1-9/16” (40mm) high. Track shall be tempered aluminum alloy 6351-T6 farmbrazil.com.br.
- Curves where required shall be 14” (356mm) radius standard.
- 10” (254mm) radius curves (indicate location on plans).
- Special radius curves (indicate location and radius on plans).
- Bi-part egress door (bi-part post with interior thumb turn activation); ideal choice.
- Full egress door 36” x 80” (914mm x 2032mm) where required by local building code.
MATERIALS & FINISHES
- Curtains have typical exterior finish in Mill Finish, Clear Anodized or White.
- Additional options include: Galvanized, Stainless Steel, Galvalume and Powder-Coated.
- Exterior skin is available in 1/16″ thickness.
- A. Lead post shall be equipped with a hook bolt lock with cylinders on each side.
- B. Lead post shall engage a full height wall jamb.
- C. Trailing post shall be self-locking at the top and bottom inside the storage pocket.
- D. Free floating intermediate posts shall be located at all curves and at recommended intervals of 10 feet (3m) or 5 feet (1,5m) for counter top units. Intermediate posts shall be equipped with self- adjusting spring loaded drop bolts activated from the inside only. Drop bolts shall engage dustproof stainless steel receptacles.
- Not Applicable.
- Interior pocket width, width 10″ – 254mm is recommended with a standard 14″ – 356mm radius.
- 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty extends only to the direct purchaser (distributor, wholesaler, or contractor) from Best Rolling Manufacturer and is not transferable.
- Top and bottom locking posts with key cylinders one or both sides are available for either end of the curtain.
- Large sections may be divided by incorporating bi-part units as intermediate posts.
- Second hook bolts on lead, end or bi-parts (recommended for closures over 12’ (3,7m) high or for more security).
- High security or master keyed lock cylinders – customer supplied and factory fitted.
- Solid aluminum block covering cylinder lock for additional protection (specify cylinder protection).
- Architect to decide side of lock cylinders.
- Additional intermediate post with shoot bolt to floor or counter.